Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply from the point of booking, any written or verbal agreement will form part of a legally binding contract between us and you. Where a written contract is not completed this agreement still applies in its entirety. The contract may be completed and exchanged by email or paper copy, the receipt of an email with your full name and date clearly displayed will be accepted as your signature in your absence.
- The customer Any reference to you or your is to be understood to be the customer. Any reference to us or we is understood to be RJS Removals as your appointed contractor. The term goods is used to indicate any items which we have been asked to remove/transport by you. Any reference to our website is understood to be www.rjsremovals.co.uk.
- Pricing and quotations Once your property has been viewed or information has been received over the phone, You will be giving a fixed quotation on the Removal you require from RJS Removals.
- Ownership of goods By entering into this contract and signing (as described in section I.) you are declaring you are the legal owner of the goods or you have the full authority and if requested by us to be produced, the written consent of the legal owner. We will accept no responsibility or liability for any items and this contract may be voided if the ownership of goods statement is found to be untrue.
- Your responsibilities At all times, you must be present during the removal. If this is not possible you must make arrangements for a representative to be present during your absence. We will not be held responsible for any items not uplifted or left behind in error if you are not present to complete a final check before departure, any additional returns to property other than those agreed to during the home visit will be subject to an additional charge at our discretion. In respect of the physical removal, you should ensure that all belongings are adequately and safely packed and placed into appropriate removal boxes/containers. Larger items are disassembled prior to moving day and protected suitably. In respect of flatpack or self assembly furniture, RJS Removals accept no liability for any damage caused what so ever, it is understood that either your selves will dismantle the furniture or a member of RJS Removals will only reassemble furniture if we have dismantled the item(s) . Where appliances are to be moved, you should ensure they are fully disconnected and made safe for us to handle prior to our arrival. In all cases furniture must be in a movable condition (such that the movement of an item will not cause damage under its own weight).
- Additional services We are able to offer you extra services which include too supplying packaging materials, providing details of storage companies we have previously used but do not accept any liability for their premises. We reserve the right to make extra charges as necessary for any works requested by you but not previously arranged during the home visit.
- Insurance We have the following insurance cover in place for your peace of mind and our protection, Hire or Reward/Goods in Transit/Public Liability. All of our insurances apply on all works undertaken by us. In order for you to be covered, a full valued inventory is required and must be provided by you and signed. Only goods detailed on the inventory are covered. It is expected that you have taken all reasonable care to pack your belongings for transport. We are not responsible for any boxed items unless damage is caused by our negligence or road traffic collision. Our level of goods in transit insurance is set at £10,000.00 per vehicle per load. Exceptionally high value items will require an additional premium payable by you prior to works commencing. In respect of any claims it is understood that you will pay the first £250.00 towards any claim. Any claim[s] must be made within 7 days of the works being carried out and you may be asked to provide photo evidence to prove pre-accident condition. A copy(s) of our policy are viewable on request.
- Cancellations/Postponed dates In respect of a total cancellation, we have the right to retain any deposits received to cover any costs incurred as a result of the cancellation. There is no charge for a postponed date, however if an alternative date is not available we reserve the right to apply the cancellation conditions.
- Extraordinary Charges A typical removal will take between 4 and 6 hours to complete within a 5 mile radius of Abingdon, Oxford. If for any reason we are not able to complete the works to a reasonable time scale due to none collection of keys, delays with contracts or other influences outside of our control we will impose a waiting charge of £40.00 per hour per vehicle after the usual exchange time of 13:00pm.
- Payment for removal services The cost of your removal will be discussed during your home visit, at which time you will be asked to provide a deposit of £75.00 or 20% of the total cost of the removal, whichever is greater. The deposit will be deducted from the total to pay on moving day or in the case of a cancellation see section VII. The balance of the removal is to be paid in cash upon completion of the works, or by a pre agreed bacs transfer on arrival at the start address.
- Disposal of goods Should you not be in a position to make the full payment on moving day, we have the right to remove goods to the value of the outstanding balance and hold them for a period of 30 days from date of the removal. If the full amount has not been received within 30 days we will take legal ownership of all goods and dispose of them to cover all reasonable costs, we will not charge interest on any debt for the first 14 days, after 14 days a charge of £100.00 will be applied. If we still haven’t received payment after the 14 days we will charge a daily interest rate of £30.00 for up to 30 days. If after the 30 days a full payment is still not received we will go through the small claims court to receive the full balance. Court costs will be added to the outstanding debt.
- Our agreement It is understood by all parties that once this contract, in its entirety, has been approved and signed by both us and you it forms a legally binding contract in England and Wales. Any judgements or legal proceedings will only be dealt with under English law and in English courts of our choosing. Any verbal agreements arranged by any employee of RJS Removals are superseded by this contract in all cases.
- RJS Removals operate as a sole trader and are not affiliated with any other companies bearing similar names. We do not use or recommend the use of any third party companies or individuals while we are carrying out your removal. In any case where a third party has been authorized by you to assist with any part of the removal we accept no liability and will not cover any items for the purpose of insurance for any loss, damage, injury or death caused as a result of the third parties presence.
- The declaration It is understood that by choosing us to complete your removal you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions as set out above. Any alterations to this agreement must be submitted in writing at least 7 days prior to your moving date and we will provide written confirmation of any changes to you at the earliest opportunity.